When God’s people were dragged to Babylon as exiles, God told them to accept the new normal and prosper within it. (Jeremiah 29). ‘New normals’ mean that something has changed, whether good or bad, big or small. New normals are not always new ideals, but God still desires us to accept them and prosper within them.
In this episode, Jo and Steph discuss how to fully step into the new normal. Steph shares a testimony about an unexpected new season in her life and how she adjusted to it.
3 tips for navigating the new normal:
1) Recognize and embrace grief and the things left behind.
2) Be patient with yourself, give yourself space and ask people to be patient with you too.
3) Find a way to physically represent stepping into a new space.
1) Do you feel like you are stepping into a new normal or being dragged into it?
2) Are there sacrifices that you need to make going into this new season? What is God saying to you about this new season and what are you going to do about it?
3) Is there a creative way you can represent this new season? (drawing line in sand to walk over, write a manifesto, toast the new season…be creative!)
Follow Lead Stories Podcast to interact with Steph and Jo: Twitter: @LeadStoriesVox Instagram: @LeadStoriesPodcast Facebook: LeadStoriesPodcast Connect with Jo at: www.josaxton.com @josaxton Connect with Steph at: www.pastorsteph.com @pastorstephMPLS Subscribe on iTunes to have the podcast automatically download to your device every week or listen at www.leadstoriespodcast.com