Daniel Hill from Chicago is talking white supremacy, racism and his own awakening to his white cultural background. Listen to understand:
- why people so often congregate with their own racial groups even when given many positive opportunities to interact with others.
- What makes white people so oblivious to white culture
- What we can all do to be less ignorant and make race relations better
1) Where have you believed the lie of white supremacy (the unconscious or conscious belief that white people are more valuable) in your own life?
2) Think about an occasion where you now recognize you minimized racism as just ‘insensitivity’. Do you need to repent? What would you do differently next time?
3) Do you surround yourself with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds? What steps can you take to become more culturally aware? (Develop new friendships, follow people from different cultures on social media, read books from a variety of different backgrounds.)
Check out Daniel’s book: White Awake.
Other helpful resources:
Eji.org - Bryan Stevenson
“Why do all the black kids sitting together in the cafeteria?” - Beverly Daniel Tatum
Check out Sacred Holidays for Advent resources.
For 10% off use the code: LEADSTORIES
Follow Lead Stories Podcast to interact with Steph and Jo:
Connect with Jo at www.josaxton.com @josaxton
Connect with Steph at www.pastorsteph.com @pastorsteph