Surely with a black family living in the White House for so many years, America is now in a post-racism era, right?! This week Jo and Steph chat race and stigmas with Deidra Riggs, a missionary to the white evangelical church.
Listen in to find out:
- What is white-privilege and does it still exist?
- How can change be brought to the white evangelical church regarding race stigmas?
- How can you be proactive in supporting diversity in your spheres of influence?
Check out Deidra Riggs website (and sign up for her newsletter!) at www.deidrariggs.com and also check out her new book: ‘One’.
1) What is white-privilege and where have you experienced it?
2) What practical steps can you take to encourage diversity in race and culture in your spheres?
Follow Lead Stories Podcast to interact with Steph and Jo:
Connect with Jo at: www.josaxton.com @josaxton
Connect with Steph at: www.pastorsteph.com @pastorstephMPLS
Subscribe on iTunes to have the podcast automatically download to your device every week or listen at www.leadstoriespodcast.com