The holidays are coming and that means we often have lots of opportunities to navigate conflict in testing times!
Jo and Steph share several practical ideas to empower us to manage tension, and to pursue healthy relationships with our loved ones.
In this episode they will discuss:
1) The importance of the preparation of prayer
2) Learning to listen well
3) How to ask good questions
4) Clarifying what you think you heard someone say
5) Taking a moment to pause before jumping into conversation
6) Managing areas where opinions are different in a positive way.
1) Which relationships do you particularly need to prepare for in prayer this season?
2) Where do you need to grieve and lament injustices and difficulties in your family relationships? Maybe take some time to write a lament that leads to praise. Check out the Psalms to find some examples of laments.
3) Are you more likely to avoid conflict or be hot-headed? Discuss what elements make up a healthy conversation where conflict, misunderstandings or disagreements are present. Take some time to pray for courage to communicate in healthy ways.
Follow Lead Stories Podcast to interact with Steph and Jo: Twitter: @LeadStoriesVox Instagram: @LeadStoriesPodcast Facebook: LeadStoriesPodcast Connect with Jo at: www.josaxton.com @josaxton Connect with Steph at: www.pastorsteph.com @pastorstephMPLS Subscribe on iTunes to have the podcast automatically download to your device every week or listen at www.leadstoriespodcast.com