May 9, 2016
Many leaders are asking how they can empower women into their callings. Today Jo and Steph discuss 5 ways:
1) Look at the assumptions we already have
2) Ask, seek, knock
3) Consider viable vehicles of discipleship and training.
4) make it visible
5) give people several tangible opportunities (and let them fail / be mediocre).
1) What assumptions do you have about women in leadership? What things have you consciously or subconsciously been taught about the spheres women / you can lead in?
2) Where are women underrepresented in areas of influence in your life? (Both secular and church settings)
3) Which women have made leadership visible for you?
4) How do you feel about giving people who are not very good at leading an opportunity to lead? Do you have a culture of discipleship where people can practice and make mistakes in a loving, encouraging environment?
Follow Lead Stories Podcast to interact with Steph and Jo:
Connect with Jo at: www.josaxton.com @josaxton
Connect with Steph at: www.pastorsteph.com @pastorsteph
Subscribe on iTunes to have the podcast automatically download to your device every week or listen at www.leadstoriespodcast.com